In day’s episode of the Mind Set Game podcast, I sat down with Nick Littlehales. Nick is regarded as the leading elite sports sleep coach in world sport. A leading industry expert with over 30 years experience in the world of sleep, sleeping habits, and product design and over 15 years dedicated to elite athletes and professional sport.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- Why is there a myth that we require 8hrs sleep?
- Have hotter countries got it right by having siestas?
- How to get Five 90 mins (approx. 7h30hrs) sleep cycles?
- How do you structure in sleep (a power nap)?
- Why is sleeping on the floor better than having a good mattress to improve your sleep?
- Recovery can be reduced by up 50% by sleeping in an unfamiliar environment.
- Techniques to take the pressure off from worrying about getting to sleep.
- Coping with Jet Lag as well as measures you can take to make a home away from home
- Is changing your mattress every 8 years a bit of a myth? And finally the difference between AMers/PMers.
Links & Resources
- Nick Littlehales on Twitter
- Book: Sleep: The Myth of 8 Hours, the Power of Naps… and the New Plan to Recharge Your Body and Mind
- Get More of Nick’s content by following this link: sportsleepcoach.co.uk
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Special thanks to Nick for joining me this week. Until next time!