In today’s episode of the Mind Set Game podcast, I sat down with Dany Lennon.
Danny has a formal scientific background in academia, completing a master’s degree (MSc.) in Nutritional Sciences at University College Cork. During this time Danny researched vitamin D, directly under the world-renowned researcher Professor Kevin Cashman.
In addition to that research, Danny took classes in biochemistry, clinical nutrition, micronutrient interactions and physiology. Previous to this Danny also completed a BSc. Degree in biology and physics education and spent a year teaching these subjects.
As well as producing media content, Danny also works as a performance nutritionist to professional MMA fighters, professional boxers and competitive powerlifters. He has consulted several teams in a number of sports.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- His thoughts on the BBC’s MMA weight cutting documentary?
- Do you believe some people started weight cutting as they would be at more of advantage dropping down a weight category?
- Would a trial and error in the offseason be a better way of going about it?
- Combat sports and vitamin D deficiency and finally the Athlete mindset.
Links & Resources
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Special thanks to Danny for joining me this week. Until next time!