Today, Instagram has over 400 million+ users which are probably why after it was launched seven years ago, it has mutated into an enormity of self-promotion where the more likes a person has, the more prestige and earning power they can command.
With doctors fearing the return of rickets due to low levels of the sunshine vitamin. How can we sun-starved Brits get enough this winter?
Some of the reasons that people want a quick fix:
- Media/social pressure to have that ‘perfect’ body
- look like your skinnier/leaner/more muscly friend
- instagratification: ‘fast results and get back to normal’
- minimum time and effort/maximum results
- the more extreme diet, the better it is
- lose a couple of kgs (lbs) a month is not as sexy as losing 15lbs in a month