Some of the reasons that people want a quick fix:
- Media/social pressure to have that ‘perfect’ body
- look like your skinnier/leaner/more muscly friend
- instagratification: ‘fast results and get back to normal’
- minimum time and effort/maximum results
- the more extreme diet, the better it is
- lose a couple of kgs (lbs) a month is not as sexy as losing 15lbs in a month
But why do people that go on diets, most of time regain the weight they lost ?
Experts believe mindfulness can help with weight management – and there’s no better time to start than now.
Diet Apps on a test: Want to eat more healthily or shift some pounds but seriously lacking in motivation? These diet apps may be just what you need…
WEIGHT GAIN: A BITTER PILL TO SWALLOW